June 27, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Books You Want to Read Before the End of the Year

Top 5 Wednesday (T5W) is a weekly meme created by Lainey (gingerreadslainey) and hosted by Sam (ThoughtsOnTomes). Learn more by checking out the Goodreads group here.




Today's topic is all about books you want to get to this year. I have so many books I want to finally read, most of which are books I already own, so this was hard for me to narrow down to just five, but I managed it.

BOOKS: 

1984 by George Orwell

This is incredibly well-known and something I probably should have read by now. I have been slowly working my way through my physical TBR, but focusing on my classics. I've had this for a few years now, and really just want to finally read it.



Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

I know very little about this, but I believe this is a classic romance. I'm not really into romances, but this is also very popular, so I figured I'd give it a chance. I've recently read a novel by Anne Bronte and loved it, so hopefully, her sister doesn't disappoint.



The Black Prism by Brent Weeks 

Everyone I've seen talk about this book has mentioned loving it. I'm intrigued by the idea of a magic system that's based on the color prism, which is pretty much all I know about this. I've been wanting to read more adult fantasy, and have been really excited for this, but have been putting it off due to its size. I'm hoping this is the year I finally read it. 



The Odyssey by Homer

I read bits of this in high school and actually enjoyed it. Since then, I've been wanting to read the full epic on my own, and have been saving this for summer as it seems like a good time to read it. I plan to get to this one very soon. 



Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule

I love true crime, but for some reason, I don't find myself reading it very often. I've read Green River, Running Red by this same author, which is about Gary Ridgeway, the Green River Killer, and really enjoyed her writing. This one is about Ted Bundy and is another one I plan to get to soon. 


Which should I get to first? Link your Top 5 Wednesday post in the comments below if you did one so I can check it out. Subscribe to BookSass for more bookish goodness, and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love Wuthering Heights, especially during the autumn, it's just so atmospheric and perfect!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so funny you mention that, I was thinking it would be perfect to read around fall/winter!

      Delete