May 23, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday REWIND: Recent Additions to Your Wishlist

Top 5 Wednesday (T5W) is a weekly meme created by Lainey (gingerreadslainey) and hosted by Sam (ThoughtsOnTomes). Learn more by checking out the Goodreads group here.




Today for Top 5 Wednesday I chose the topic 'Recent Additions to Your Wishlist'. I thought this seemed like a really fun topic, and might give you some insight into the kinds of books I like to read, but that I might not always find an opportunity to talk about here.


BOOKS: 


The Complete Works of Oscar Wilde

I've mentioned The Picture of Dorian Gray a few times before. It is one of my absolute favorite books, but I haven't gotten to read any of Oscar Wilde's other work, so this collection is a must for me. Wilde's work encompasses plays, essays, letter, and poems in addition to his stories, and this is the complete collection of that. 



American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

I have been hearing about Bret Easton Ellis so much recently that I figured it was probably time to read some of his work. I have seen the movie and really loved it, so of course, I want to read the book.



The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski

Fantasy has always been a favorite genre of mine, but I have read a surprisingly small amount of non-YA fantasy. A booktuber I watch and trust (Elliot Brooks) raves about this series, and from what I've heard it sounds like exactly the kind of thing I would love. 



Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters

I've been wanting to read more LGBTQIA+ works and Sarah Waters seems to be a staple in lesbian lit. From what I've heard, this is a historical fiction novel about a woman who impersonates men for entertainment, which sounds unlike anything I've read before.



In the Miso Soup by Ryu Murakami

Something else I've been wanting to read more of is Japanese literature. I believe In the Miso Soup is a Japanese horror/thriller about a man who suspects his client may be a serial killer. This is another one that sounds like nothing I've read before, and I can't wait until I'm able to get into this one


What are some books you've recently added to your wishlist? Are there any you think I should add to mine? Comment them below, or subscribe to BookSass. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment