February 25, 2018

Book Blog Newbie Tag!

I'm pretty new to the book blogging community and so far my posts haven't been very personal, sooo this looked like a fun, get-to-know-me kinda thing. Link here to original post/blog.



#1 - Why did you start this blog?

✿  I think I started it for the same reason as everyone else who has a book blog, I wanted to put some of my thoughts out on the internet and maybe find other people to talk about books with and just join the bookish community in general.


#2 - What are some fun and unique things you can bring to book blogging?

✿  Every newbie post or video I've seen, everyone seems to struggle with this question. I'm not super sure...yet. I want to get into some discussion-y posts soon and maybe start a conversation about a few things I don't see talked about a ton. I also plan to explore my ever-changing reading tastes. Hopefully, those new interests are things people will want to see.


#3 - What are you most excited for about this new blog?

✿  I'm most excited for connecting (I guess?) with other readers and just talking about books with them. I don't really have anyone in my personal life who reads, so this is something I'm looking forward to.


#4 - Why do you love reading?

✿  I learn so much when I read. Reading challenges my mind and can force me to change my perspective or opinion on things I wouldn't have considered any other way. It also gives me the opportunity to 'experience' things I wouldn't be able to otherwise.



#5 - What book or series got you into reading?

✿  I've always loved to read, but I wasn't really into reading until I read City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I was super into the Mortal Instruments and while I was reading through that series, I discovered booktube which has kept me motivated to read consistently for the past few years.


#6 - What questions would you ask your favorite author?

✿  I honestly don't have an answer to this question. I could probably pick a favorite author for different genres, but not one out of all the authors I've ever read. I have no idea how people manage to answer this. 



#7 - What challenges do you think starting a blog will be the hardest to overcome?

✿  100% I think my biggest challenge will be finding people who actually care what I have to say and getting people to read my posts.


#8 - When did you start reading?

✿  I've been going through phases where I read a lot and then don't read for a while since I learned to read as a child. I didn't start consistently reading until I was about 16 though.


#9 - Where do you read?

✿  I pretty much only read in my bedroom. I just can't focus anywhere else and I have a pretty noisy family, so my room is the only quiet place I have.


#10 - What kind of books do you like to read?

✿  So. Many. Kinds. I used to read only YA, but over the last couple years, my tastes have changed drastically. Now, in addition to YA, I read non-fiction, adult fiction, classic and classical literature, fantasy, etc. Lately, my tastes have started to shift again, and I'm wanting to diversify my reading and start reading more books that are set in different places around the world or written by non-American authors. The only things I don't really read are YA contemporary and poetry. I've found some YA contemporary that I really like and I want to try more of that. Poetry though is something I just don't get and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I also don't read a lot of sci-fi. I've only read a handful of books that are non-dystopian sci-fi and I've liked them fine, but I'm not a huge fan of the genre overall. My tastes are always changing though, so maybe that's something that will change as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment